Option 1: Module 4 Discussion – Defenses to a criminal indictment
You have the option to either complete the asynchronous discussion post assignment described below (Option 1), or you can choose to participate in a live “zoom” discussion (Option 2). You can do both but you will only receive points for one assignment.
• Students will consider and discuss defenses to a criminal indictment.
Connection to module objective:
• This assignment measures the module objective: List the six arguments that can be employed in the defense against a criminal indictment.
1. After reading Chapter 4, reflect on the six arguments that can be employed in defense of criminal charges.
2. Click Reply, and in paragraph form, respond to the following prompt (12 points). Try to have this done by Monday at 11:59 p.m. so others have time to reply to it. *Note – you will not be able to see the responses of anyone else until you have first shared your response.
o Are there any possible defenses among the six that you disagree with or think should be changed? Why or why not?
3. Click Post Reply when done.
4. Read your classmates’ posts.
5. For the final 3 points of the assignment, find a post from a classmate that you feel you want to comment on. Your reply should be a meaningful minimum of three sentences. Simply agreeing or disagreeing with someone is not meaningful!
You will be graded on how well your posts meet the grading rubric for this assignment. To view the rubric, click the options icon (3 vertical dots) above, and choose Show Rubric.
Click the Next button on the right to advance in this module.