1. Students will write a total of four (4) persuasive essays that will be 3-4 pages in length (not including the Works Cited page) throughout the semester on a current event and discuss how it applies to the ethical theory we have read and/or discussed in class. Outside material should be used. Write the paper making a valid and factual argument using the ethical theory we go over in class.
2. Only choose ONE (1) very narrow topic. This is a short paper so narrow the subject to something very specific.
3. Write the paper as if the reader does not know about the topic. Define the theory and discuss it in terms of the current event you chose.
4. Do not forget to include ethical theory, you will be marked down if it is not included!
5. Longer papers are acceptable but the limit is 5 pages. ALL PAPERS MUST BE TURNED IN VIA CANVAS! I WILL NOT ACCEPT PAPERS VIA EMAIL!
6. A rubric can be found on Canvas.
7. Only APA or MLA formatting will be accepted. Times New Roman with 12 Point Font and double spaced ONLY! Do not have fun with margins, bold or line spacing. Must be submitted in Microsoft Word Format. You will be marked down if this is not abided by.
8. If you use outside sources to prove your argument you MUST cite correctly using APA format and a Works Cited must be included. I encourage you to use outside sources, it will not only help to defend your argument but it will also help you become better acquainted with writing formatting.
9. The textbook is considered an outside source and therefore must be cited and included in the Works Cited.
10. A title page and/or abstract are not necessary.
11. Papers that are less than the minimum required number of pages will be marked down.
12. Unicheck will be used and you will see a similarity score immediately. Please make sure to utilize this tool.
13. You will be given 5 days before the turn in date if you would like to submit the paper early. You will also be given a 2 day grace period after the due date with a point deduction.
14. There is a two day grace period for late papers but your paper will be deducted by 10 points automatically if it is turned in during this time. I WILL NOT ACCEPT PAPERS AFTER THIS GRACE PERIOD.