1. You will see that there have been, and there still are, many definitions of Technology. What is the definition of technology according to the public school systems? Try to be as comprehensive as you can with your answer, and you may use whatever school system(s) and whatever grade levels you like. Summarize your findings in one paragraph.
2. Define, in your own words, what the following two terms mean:
3. Give an example of when a technological artifact was developed before the science behind it was
understood. Defend your answer summarize the development history of the artifact.
4. Give an example of a non-human species that constructed and/or used a technological artifact.
Defend your answer why was it technology?
5. The book states in chapter 1 (page 14) that Engineering was culturally defined as purely masculine, pushing women to the margins or to subordinate positions. Do some historical research for one particular institution (like MIT, Rensselear, U Maryland) and or one particular region and be ready to summarize your findings and to evaluate the causes and effects of the attitudes towards gender in
6. Write a short paragraph summarizing Chapter 1 of the textbook.