In this paper, you will use academic sources and everything that you have learned this semester to explore a controversy within your university major field of study. The paper need not specifically focus on education as a topic as previous papers have done, but you will be using your education, and your future career, to explore a topic that will, hopefully, allow you to educate yourself about your own future.
Choose a controversial issue within your major, and write an essay that presents the problem, discusses why the issue is such a problem, and analyzes the controversy to make a point about your topic. The goal of your essay is to both inform your audience that the controversy within your field of study exists and also to make a point about that controversy. Using what you have learned this semester, the point will be of your own choosing, and you will include two visuals to help to illustrate that point.
For example, in Fashion and Architecture, sustainability is a current issue. In Nursing, the shortage of nurses is an issue. In Health Care in general, insurance and costs are an issue. Within Higher Education itself, funding/loss of state funding is an issue. Explore your major to see what you can learn!
Be sure to incorporate the following:
1. Research and support for your position on the controversy within your major
2. A thorough discussion of why the controversy is such a problem
3. A strong point about the controversy within your field of study
4. Two correctly formatted visuals to help to illustrate the issue
1. Five pages typed, double spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font
2. Correct documentation of information from your sources (St. Martin’s Handbook, Chapter 32).
3. Five smoothly integrated quotations from at least five appropriate academic or likewise reliable and viable sources. (Remember that Wikipedia is NOT a viable source. You will receive zero points if you use Wikipedia.)